Logo placement

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
wiz
Admin

Re: Logo placement

Post by wiz »

I believe you could use the functions.php file, which can be created in the theme folder, then include the functions.php file in your theme.php.

NorfolkGreg

Re: Logo placement

Post by NorfolkGreg »

The trouble is my PHP coding skills aren't up to that.

When putting together my GregCustom theme I did think about copying the
<?= $Wcms->block('subside') ?>
code to the top of the file so it could act as the header, but realised it would come with all the "About your website" content. If I was trying to make changes to my own installation that would be fine, but I was aiming to have something that would be useful to the wider community, particularly novice end users.
I wasn't aiming to repeat putting together a site for someone else to use, as I did with the site you can now find at: https://aivuk.org.uk

I did once try the suggested functions.php code in the wiki. I'll look again at that as I had a bit of trouble understanding the documentation and ending up opening up the database file to see what had happened before getting it to work, but while I probably could do that for my own site, I still have no idea how to grab the site title and page title content from the database and include it in the function that would make it suitable as a shared theme.