Password cannot be changed like described . . .

tischem

Password cannot be changed like described . . .

Post by tischem »

Hello everybody,

at first sorry for my bad english. i'm in a forum for the first time, so i don't know the rules exactly.
so here i am with the same problem:

I'd really like to try wondercms but i cant' get access by using: http://diggfreeware.com/SHA1-Generator/
for creating a new md5 password. the password that ist pre-installed when downloading the programm does not work.
so i'm not able to change this.

my hoster ist strato - one of the popular gerat hosters in europe. normals everything runs on my space without problems. also a shop with database etc....
i do not believe that it is a problem with the hoster.

thank youy very much if you have some ideas?

wiz
Admin

Re: Password cannot be changed like described . . .

Post by wiz »

I hope I understood your problem. Are you sure you checked the "MD5" option on the website you posted?

If you download WonderCMS, the default password is admin. It should work perfectly fine.
But in case it doesn't, open WonderCMS, go to the folder "files" and open the password file in notepad or in any other text editor and paste this code:

21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3

This is an MD5 hash for the word admin.
If this doesn't work, replace your password file with the file attached in this post. Make sure you UN-RAR it first. (This should reset your password back to admin.)

And if that doesn't work, please give me a link to your website so I can see what the problem is.

Hope this fixes the problem.
Attachments
password.rar
Password reset file (the password is admin)
(104 Bytes) Downloaded 1065 times

tischem

Post by tischem »

Hi Rob!

Many thanks for your fast answer! ! ! I dont know why I did not try "admin" as passwort. I tried to login in with the MD 5 hash - that failed.
Okay, now I'm in and for a moment it seemed to be that kind of very simple Cms I was looking for. I'm a graphic desiger and my knowledge about
Java and programming is = 0. I just build simple static websites that look nice. An sometines I have an Idea what is happening in the background :-))))

And I'm from Germany where we have those "Umlaute" like "ö,ä,ü" and the sharp s = ß . . . So I switches all .txt.files to .htm an it works. But the Problem remains. In html you can write "ö" as ö - no problem. I thougt that would work here too. ( Of course I also set the .txt ending in the .php-files to htm.)
Have you any Idea why that does not work? Is s there possibility to switch to another language?

greetings timo

wiz
Admin

Post by wiz »

We've been trying to solve this on some servers. If you try it on the demo (wondercms.com/demo/wondercms) you'll see it works. Do any of the characters work or none of them?

I'm glad the previous solution solved your problem. Hope we can also fix this one quickly.