Backend for website

Welcome to the WonderCMS community. Anything goes, except for support requests.
AvaWilson

Backend for website

Post by AvaWilson »

Hey everyone,

I hope you all are well. I am working on my website and I have been facing quite a lot of difficulty in understanding one thing. That is, how to develop a backend for my website. Should I hire someone for this task or can I do it myself? I was reading this article regarding the very query and realized by the end of it that, most probably, I would need to hire someone. I don't really have the budget for it, so any alternatives, please? Thank you.

mjxl

Re: Backend for website

Post by mjxl »

It depends entirely on your needs and wants.

If you want to create a personal page with a blog and stuff, you could use WonderCMS.
This requires only 5 files to be uploaded to a server, and presto! You've got yourself a functional webpage!
Last edited by mjxl on Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneManLaptop
Developer

Post by OneManLaptop »

Yeah, as mjxl says, if you want something simple to install, difficult to break, easy to use and free, then Wonder CMS is probably your best bet and trust me, I've done a LOT of research into the alternatives. This is one of the few which ticks all those boxes. It has its limits, if you think you'll need lots of widgets and plugins to help you install things like Instagram plugins etc. You might have to consider a paid solution but I'd at least give WCMS a whirl and see how you get on.

turboblack
Developer

Post by turboblack »

modern things are not needed on the site. when you put social networks at the bottom of the page, the user goes there... and doesn’t come back, because it’s easy to get lost there right away.

widgets are the same junk, they do not provide the necessary information to anyone except the site owner, although I doubt this too.

the main thing on the site is information, it has always been so, and it will always be so. Despite the beauty of the template, the user will still try to find what he needs, and if he does not find the necessary information, he will not return.

that's why text is so important. and the beauty of the site will not affect the site itself in any way if there is nothing useful on the site. so a modest engine that is convenient to use is always enough
http://old.net.eu.org/ Get ready to hamsterization! 8-) code takes less than a kilobyte! shock!
https://github.com/turboblack/HamsterCMS new version for PHP 8 with new templates

NorfolkGreg

Post by NorfolkGreg »

It's two years since AvaWilson posted and I suspect she is long gone because she didn't get an answer that made sense to her.

I suspect she picked up the term "Back End" from other sites and used it because she felt it summarised well what she needed.

My best guess is she wanted to install a shopping cart on her site, as I've seen the term "Back End" used elsewhere to describe the database and payment systems required to sell a range of products.

While WonderCMS is a great platform for a small personal site, it's certainly not ideal for someone new to the world of web development with commerce as a requirement.

So my point to newcomers is, apart from the guidance on the forum about describing all the details of your WonderCMS installation, when seeking help, layout your problem with as little jargon you don't quite understand as possible, and you have a better chance of getting a worthwhile answer.

turboblack
Developer

Post by turboblack »

NorfolkGreg wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:27 pm
It's two years since AvaWilson posted and I suspect she is long gone because she didn't get an answer that made sense to her.

I suspect she picked up the term "Back End" from other sites and used it because she felt it summarised well what she needed.

My best guess is she wanted to install a shopping cart on her site, as I've seen the term "Back End" used elsewhere to describe the database and payment systems required to sell a range of products.

While WonderCMS is a great platform for a small personal site, it's certainly not ideal for someone new to the world of web development with commerce as a requirement.

So my point to newcomers is, apart from the guidance on the forum about describing all the details of your WonderCMS installation, when seeking help, layout your problem with as little jargon you don't quite understand as possible, and you have a better chance of getting a worthwhile answer.

You are absolutely right, this script is not intended for commerce, and that is why I am here. That’s why I wouldn’t be here if this script was at least some kind of reflection of commercialization. I am for free Internet, and for the availability of information.

The backend is functionality, the frontend is appearance. This is the only way I use these terms.

My son uses this CMS, he is expanding his portfolio and is studying to become a journalist. He is 16. I used this CMS before (as I still use it sometimes, I still have sites on it), I made about a dozen templates for it, they are now available from the admin panel, redone since version 0.6, which was available for 10 or more years ago.

but last year I took a step further and decided to create my own CMS, which has existed for only a few months, and which (I really hope so) will never go into commerce, I did it solely for training as a constructor, a simple code that will useful for beginners, or for those who want to quickly create a page for themselves. the principles are the same, but I hate frameworks with all my heart. and for several years I disappeared from view here because Wonder became completely bootstrap. but for me it was important that the site could be opened both on a computer from 30 years ago and on a modern one. Yes, I love the internet of the 90s! )))

although if someone likes bootstrap it is not illegal, this is just my personal opinion.
http://old.net.eu.org/ Get ready to hamsterization! 8-) code takes less than a kilobyte! shock!
https://github.com/turboblack/HamsterCMS new version for PHP 8 with new templates