Different Themes for different pages & Pages List

stevenmartin99

Different Themes for different pages & Pages List

Post by stevenmartin99 »

Hi All,

I just started to use WonderCMS again, and i am loving the simplicity but 2 issues i have are

1. Can i set different themes for different pages? I saw it mentioned to use if statements to add extra editable areas to certain pages but its not exactly the same thing. If i could choose a certain theme for a certain page i could make a few different themes as more of a page template or am i missing something? Themes and page structure seem to be combined so that is how i am thinking it should be done with this? I don't want different "theme" as such, just different page layouts... ( if i could duplicate the theme folders "theme1, theme2" and only change the functions.php for layout, this would be a simple way to achieve it if only i could assign a theme to a page...

2. If i create new pages by adding a new line to the list, but them i remove it from the list later, it gives me a page that is not on the menu, which in theory is great so now i can link to a sub page that doesn't need to show on the menu, however i have no visibility of the currently existing pages... Maybe this is not a feature, but then if by mistake i remove a name from list without deleting i have a ghost page in the system that i don't know about..
Could a list of currently existing pages be listed somewhere?

Thanks again , version1.x is really impressing me!
wiz

Re: Different Themes for different pages & Pages List

Post by wiz »

Hello stevenmartin99.

You can simply make another if statemement (if page = XYZ), include other CSS or show different content with different style. As for the "ghost pages" you can always see all of your pages in your database.js (or pasting it in a JSON editor for easier view http://www.jsoneditoronline.org). With this online json editor, you can also edit your database and reimport it back easily.

This is intended a feature as you don't always want pages in your menu to be visible - that's why you can create them and remove any page from your menu and putting the link somewhere else (than the menu). To delete the page completely click "Delete page" button on the page you want to delete.

Another way to see all pages would be making a plugin that would read all the pages from your database.js and show them inside a div (in your WonderCMS settings panel).

WonderCMS is meant to be small and simple - and each user's mission is to make WonderCMS work for them.
Szektor

Re: Different Themes for different pages & Pages List

Post by Szektor »

Hi,

I like the ideas of stevenmartin99.
Looking at jsoneditoronline I wondered if you ever thought about adding some more settings to make our life easier.
Ex. at config: theme can be defaulttheme and at pages: can be theme (which is autofilled by defaulttheme but can be changed as an option, like now but on pages level ) and one more page setting: showinmenu (yes/no, default:yes). If any of these settings are missing just use the default (for older versions).

This thing is awesome but I can not give it to clients like this (which is really bad because I like it). Say my client has some Services pages with different style. If they want to start a new service they have to call me because they can not bind the given services template to the new page. (I have to modify the template and add another if statemement (if page = XYZ) ).

Another thing: I really miss an Add new page button from the top. I could not figure out how to create one. I know I could use jsoneditoronline but again: clients won't know how to deal with such a thing. Most of them do not even know if json is an animal or the son of Jack.