WonderCMS - A great solution for a simpel website!

Welcome to the WonderCMS community. Anything goes, except for support requests.
Florrpan

WonderCMS - A great solution for a simpel website!

Post by Florrpan »

This is exactly what I searched for. A really simple tool that makes it possible for anyone to edit their websites with no hassle.
Altho, I would not recommend it for larger websites, but for a small company that don't want an overweight system, this tool is absolutely brilliant!

I hope this project is not dead, and I really look forward for some fancy functions.
I've had it in my "must check out" folder for several years, but I will now try making something out of this. :)

Keep up the good work guys!
Best regards
Fredrik Westerlund
wiz

Re: WonderCMS - A great solution for a simpel website!

Post by wiz »

Very glad to hear that. The project is definitely not dead, as the website was fully re-vamped a couple of days ago.
There's also a new BETA upcoming, with all the reported bugs fixed. If you compare the 0.4.1 with the 0.5.1 BETA, you'll see the that the majority was completely rewritten from scratch.

Thank you very much for the support!
Florrpan

Post by Florrpan »

rob wrote:Very glad to hear that. The project is definitely not dead, as the website was fully re-vamped a couple of days ago.
There's also a new BETA upcoming, with all the reported bugs fixed. If you compare the 0.4.1 with the 0.5.1 BETA, you'll see the that the majority was completely rewritten from scratch.

Thank you very much for the support!
That's very nice to hear!
I'll make sure to keep track of this project and help you improve the system the way I can(suggestions, themes, bugreports)
Since I'm mainly a designer I might as well provide some nice templates.

I'll make sure to donate later on.
wiz

Post by wiz »

I think what you're talking about is already here - check out the 0.6 BETA demo here. It has full theme(ing) support, in just one file, and people have already done great stuff with it. Themes can be switched easily within the admin panel. The default WonderCMS in 0.6 BETA theme is fully HTML5 validated and fully fluid.

Three more awesome themes are on the review, so the palette of themes will increase in time. WonderCMS is also on github and has fixed all reported bugs so far.

We're also already working on the documentation.

Thank you for your input, as every contribution towards this project counts.
Florrpan

Post by Florrpan »

rob wrote:I think what you're talking about is already here - check out the 0.6 BETA demo here. It has full theme(ing) support, in just one file, and people have already done great stuff with it. Themes can be switched easily within the admin panel. The default WonderCMS in 0.6 BETA theme is fully HTML5 validated and fully fluid.

Three more awesome themes are on the review, so the palette of themes will increase in time. WonderCMS is also on github and has fixed all reported bugs so far.

We're also already working on the documentation.

Thank you for your input, as every contribution towards this project counts.
I'm well aware of the themes, as i'm currently building a theme for a website that I want to use with wonderCMS. Updated to version 0.6 today (from 0.5.1). It works great so far :)
Would be good if the setting panel layout could be separated along with the website template, as I currently had to update the index file of wondercms with an own setting panel design.

btw, in the download section it still says "Download WonderCMS 0.5.1 BETA"

Anyway, I'll gather a list of improvements you could make and add it on the forum in some days.
Great work :)
wiz

Post by wiz »

Fixed it to the new version, thank you.

While your suggestion is good, it would make creating themes a bit harder and it would increase the size of WonderCMS.
Would you use a separate css and admin file?
Florrpan

Post by Florrpan »

rob wrote:Fixed it to the new version, thank you.

While your suggestion is good, it would make creating themes a bit harder and it would increase the size of WonderCMS.
Would you use a separate css and admin file?
If the admin panel were placed in a seperated file, and just "included" into the index file, that would make things easier, yes :)

atm, the whole html layout is placed in an echo. Would be far easier if you make it HTML and put PHP where you need it.
We're talking user friendly here, and I think that's important :)
wiz

Post by wiz »

While your suggestion isn't bad, I don't (in my opinion) see it as an improvement or a "more user friendly" feature. What you're suggestion used to be done in previous versions of WonderCMS. The way it is now needs far more less code, and you always copy the whole header (because the whole document isn't echoed - just some parts of it).

You should alter only after the body part if you're doing themes and leave the admin area where it is (unless you know what you're doing - in that case developers like yourself (and myself + any contributor) unfortunately never enjoy the user friendlies (like the end users of WonderCMS do), but we still try hard to achieve this (and as you can see making themes is generally a quick operation)).

Another way of improving it is maybe marking the CSS with a special comment above the admin CSS (and maybe place everything related to the admin layout to the bottom of the CSS).

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions.
nuralam

Post by nuralam »

Thanks to you to discuss about wander CMS . While creating a themes it is a good suggestion for themes creator.A new BETA upcoming, with all the reported bugs fixed. If you compare the 0.4.1 with the 0.5.1 BETA, you'll see the that the majority was completely rewritten from scratch.