[SOLVED] Blank Site for admin after installing SimpleSEO plugin

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
kld997

[SOLVED] Blank Site for admin after installing SimpleSEO plugin

Post by kld997 »

1. What version of WonderCMS are you using.
WonderCMS 3.4.3

2. What type of server do you have. (Apache, NGINX, IIS)
NGINX

3. What version of PHP do you have.
PHP 8.2

4. Does your hosting provider/server meet the minimum WonderCMS requirements? (https://wondercms.com/requirements - or send your hosting provider this link and ask them if they meet the minimum requirements)
Yes

5. Are you using a custom theme or any plugins, which ones?
Default Theme (Sky)
Plugins in Use: Simple-Blog, SummerNote Editor, Hits Counter

6. Describe the issue problem as clearly as possible.

I am attempting to install the simple-seo plugin. Once installed, I am greeted with a blank site. Checking my browsers 'inspector' The websites <head> is still there, but the <body> is showing nothing at all.
I have no way of signing out of my admin account directly on the site either since the <body> is empty, but clearing my browsers cookies/cache to log me out works.

After logging out I can see all my website content just as anyone could from the web. But, when I navigate back to my loginURL (changed it from loginURL) and login, again my site is blank. No Settings, No content able to edit, nothing.

So, others can still view my site, but as the logged in admin I cannot add, edit. or see anything, as nothing is there. It isn't generating a sitemap.txt or robots.txt either, checking the root directory of my site on the server doesn't show any such files, and I checked every sub-directory to no avail.

In order to get admin access to my site again, I have to SSH into my server and forcibly remove the plugin with 'rm -rf' from the 'plugins' directory. At that point logging back into the site shows all the content again.

I want to note I have a client's site running on WonderCMS as well, but under the MATERIAL theme, and all plugins work flawlessly. It is running on the same OS, same WonderCMS version (3.4.3, same NGINX config, and same PHP version. So MAYBE a theme issue?

I attached 3 screenshots. 1 showing the admin view of the homepage before installing SimpleSEO, 1 showing the admin view of the homepage after installing SimpleSEO, 1 showing my web inspector after installing SimpleSEO

Any help or ideas?

Before Installing SimpleSEO
Before Installing SimpleSEO
before_simpleseo.png (87.9 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
After Installing SimpleSEO
After Installing SimpleSEO
after_simpleseo.png (22.71 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
Web Inspector View
Web Inspector View
webinspector.png (15.43 KiB) Viewed 5147 times

As a side note, the recommended NGINX config file (https://github.com/WonderCMS/wondercms/ ... ver-config) requires a small tweak on Debian Bookworm to work with php8.2, not sure if its a PHP thing or a Debian thing.

Code: Select all

fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php-fpm/php-fpm.sock;
has to be updated to

fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php8.2-fpm.sock;
the /php-fpm/php-fpm.sock; is changed to /php/php8.2-fpm.sock;
Last edited by kld997 on Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
kld997

Re: Blank Site for admin after installing SimpleSEO plugin

Post by kld997 »

I did some more digging and found the solution.

This module (Simple SEO) as well as Simple Statistics requires the DOM extension, which is available via the php8.2-xml package.

If anyone else encounters this issue, make sure you have php8.2-xml installed... I seem to have forgetting it when setting my site up.

For apt based systems

sudo apt install php8.2-xml
Make sure it is enabled in your php's conf.d (/etc/php/8.2/cli/conf.d) and you are good to go.