[SOLVED] Unidentified google ads style into head html

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
krisalyd

[SOLVED] Unidentified google ads style into head html

Post by krisalyd »

Hi,

I see in html source, into <head> tag, a <style> tag with [id*='google_ads_iframe']... I don't really know what it's for, except something about google's ads. I do not find any relevant info in any wondercms file.
Can someone helps to find :
- what this <style> is for ?
- which file insert this <style> tag ?
- is there a way / is it safe / how / to remove it ?

Here is the <style> tag that appears just before </head> tag :

<style>[id*='google_ads_iframe'],[id*='taboola-'],.taboolaHeight,.taboola-placeholder,#credential_picker_container,#credential_picker_iframe,.google-one-tap-modal-div{display:none!important;min-height:0!important;height:0!important;}</style>

wondercms 3.4.1
sky 3.2.3
summernote editor 3.4.1
simple blog 3.2.3
Last edited by krisalyd on Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiz

Re: unidentified google ads style into head html

Post by wiz »

Hello Krisalyd.

I've setup the exact same setup with WonderCMS, the Sky theme, Summernote editor and simple blog and could not reproduce these styles you have listed.

Are you posibly using a free host which injects these styles, since we do not specifically load anything related to Google Ads. What is interesting that the styles show taboolaHeight, which is a a service for video thumbnails from a service called Taboola.
krisalyd

Re: [SOLVED] Unidentified google ads style into head html

Post by krisalyd »

Hello Wiz,

Many thanks for your test and answer. And happy to read that WonderCMS does not load anything from/to Google Ads ;)

I do not use free hosting service, but shared hosting one. And guess what ? I'd checked other web sites on the same hosting account, and they-all-have-this-same-style-code-inside !!

I'll let you know what do this hosting company reply about "what that"...
wiz

Re: [ANSWERED] Unidentified google ads style into head html

Post by wiz »

Hello Krisalyd.

You are most welcome. WonderCMS does not have any ads, tracking or powered by links and that is out mission statement (along side being extremely small and updating WonderCMS with critical security updates regularly. :)

It's possible that they're using it because of some partnerships and enabling users to style their ads easier, but that is really just a guess that might be inaccurate.

Interested to see why the use it.
krisalyd

Post by krisalyd »

Ok Wiz, I got it...
This code is coming from DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials Firefox Add-Ons (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r-firefox/) !!
Sorry for disturbing for that.
So I will make more noise for WonderCMS and your great support ;-)
wiz

Post by wiz »

Oh nice catch, thank you for clearing it up.

Gladly, any support is appreciated :)