[SOLVED] Activated Watercolor theme and site broke

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
BEVERLYA

[SOLVED] Activated Watercolor theme and site broke

Post by BEVERLYA »

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Downloaded the latest version of WonderCMS (3.4.1)
On LAMP server. PHP 8.1.15

I was playing around with first install, trying to see if this CMS is working to work for me and my web design clients. I installed Parallax, Fallout, Paper-I and then Watercolor. Watercolor seemed to break my site. After I installed it, the graphics got all out of whack, I couldn't even get the Settings button to work so that I could go back to Sky theme. I tried repeatedly to click on the Settings area but couldn't so I was stuck. I went to the server files and deleted the watercolor folder from themes folder and now I can't get to my homepage at all or the admin link. Site is showing 500 error - totally down I guess because it's trying to find the problematic watercolor folder. How do I make the admin area look for sky folder instead of watercolor without being able to get to admin page?

Thank you!
wiz

Re: Activated Watercolor theme and site broke

Post by wiz »

Hi Beverlya, the easiest way is to change the theme in your database.js file and change the current theme to sky.

Do you possibly have an error log file in the same directory as WonderCMS?
BEVERLYA

Post by BEVERLYA »

Thank you.

Yes, there is a whole bunch of these:
PHP Warning: Constant version already defined in /home2/emerge2/public_html/plugins/social-bar/social-bar.php on line 6

And a whole bunch of these:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Wcms::editable(): Argument #2 ($content) must be of type string, stdClass given, called in /home2/emerge2/public_html/index.php on line 353 and defined in /home2/emerge2/public_html/index.php:1002

Do you think you can try to recreate the issue? Before I tried Watercolor, I had a few subpages, had a few plugins installed like the social bar and was using extra editable areas. That's about it. Something conflicted with Watercolor and it caused whole site to crash. Hoping this can be addressed / fixed on the theme so that this doesn't happen to someone else.

Thanks,
Beverly
wiz

Post by wiz »

Hello Beverlya,

Just to note, this issue was reproduced. We've opened a bug report on GitHub (https://github.com/WonderCMS/wondercms/issues/289) and temporarily removed Watercolor from the list of plugins to avoid any users running into this issue.

Thank you for reporting it!
wiz

Re: [GITHUB ISSUE OPENED] Activated Watercolor theme and site broke

Post by wiz »

This should be now solved with latest Watercolor theme update 3.4.2.