[SOLVED] Can't get any themes to install

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
BEVERLYA

[SOLVED] Can't get any themes to install

Post by BEVERLYA »

Thanks in advance for your help...

Just downloaded the latest version of WonderCMS (3.4.1)
On LAMP server. PHP 8.1.15

I just tried installing on first test site. I didn't know if the 3 files/folders (index.php, htaccess & themes folder) belonged in root or in a sub-folder so I created a subfolder called "wondercms" and dropped them in there under the public_html folder. (Would be helpful to have a simple explanation in the instruction file to show you where to drop the files.)

Went to the domain/wondercms and got the login page. Logged in. Went to settings (because the toolbar is missing from editor) to install the Summernote thing. Every plugin I click on gives me the same error message:

Not Acceptable!
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.

Why am I getting this? I am reading I need "mod_rewrite module enabled." I have no idea what this means. I have access to cPanel for this hosting account. How do I find out if this is enabled and if it isn't how do i enable it in cPanel? Or is this something my hosting company has to get involved in to help me set?

2ND ISSUE:
I don't want the files under "wondercms" folder on the server. I tried to move them and put them in root folder but now the link to login doesn't work anymore. It keeps wanting to go back to the wondercms folder, which isn't there anymore.

Thank you!
BEVERLYA

Re: Can't get any themes to install -

Post by BEVERLYA »

Had to get tech support for hosting company involved to "whitelist domain." Finally got that error cleared.
wiz

Re: Can't get any themes to install -

Post by wiz »

Hi Beverlya.

Happy to hear the first issue was resolved.

Regarding where to put the files, when downloading WonderCMS, it says "Unzip and upload files anywhere on your server." We haven't had any reports of this in the past 15 years, but if there are any improvement suggestions I'm sure we can re-consider this.

Regarding moving the "files" folder outside WonderCMS directory, this won't work since WonderCMS is contained in a way it can only work with the folder if it's on the same level as the other files.

If it makes it any better, the files are not publicly listed and only someone with the direct path to already uploaded files will be able to access them (since file listing in directories is disabled with the .htaccess file.

Hope this helps clarifies your question.