Request for stand-alone mode

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
plinnie

Request for stand-alone mode

Post by plinnie »

Hi,

I'm pretty impressed with WonderCMS, and wanted to use the latest version for a simple information site at my work. However, there is no way for a script to access to the outside world from these servers; it is simply not possible due to strict security policies. Therefore it would be useful, for this cases to have an 'offline' mode. I've attempted to disable this 'calling home' by hand (following this thread: viewtopic.php?t=1281&sid=47c6d449689c20 ... fbd305b052), but I'm running into issues. It does not appear to work for me. Would it be possible for the WonderCMS developers to at least take 'off-line' mode into consideration? Thanks!

Kind regards,
Vincent
wiz

Re: Request for stand-alone mode

Post by wiz »

Hello Plinnie.

Trying to understand what the issue is:
- installing themes and plugins
or
- WonderCMS admin not working as expected due to the admin.JS and .css not being fetched?

From what I understand the "calling home" is the two admin and JS scripts that are fetched from the CDN?

If it's the second case, I can easily prepare a ZIP version with the wcms admin and JS files included (without them being fetched from the CDN), however I don't see an option of WonderCMS maintaining 2 different versions long term for this purpose, since it's more important to provide users with a more seamless (with updates) and faster experience through a CDN.

Can you also please specify what kind of issues are you running into with some details?