[SOLVED] Cannot login

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
pifane

[SOLVED] Cannot login

Post by pifane »

Hello people of earth,

I hope you are doing well.

I just discovered this nice and simple CMS who answer very well to my needs, but I have some challenge regarding the « installation ».

Here's what Ive done.

I downloaded the last version. I uploaded it with the file manager on a cpanel account. The server is running Alma Linux, with cloudlinux, with cpanel, with litespeed, on a vps. It got 8cpu and 16 gig of ram. This is a new server, running since 2 months.

The account is running php 7.4 or superior. (I tried with 7.2, 7.4, 8 and 8.1)

The requirements are met, I think, to the best of my knowledge, I check the cases with the php selector.

Im not using any extension or plugins, its a new installation.

So I unzip the folder in my public_html. After that, I go to domain.com, and i welcome me with the password.

I copy the password and do login, and then it said that it have to check for updates. And it stuck there forever. With Litespeed http server, it said 500 internal timeout message. With Apache, it run forever. It just hang there. I refresh the page, nothing.

I have to change version with php selector to wake him up. And then I can return to the landing page, saying a new password.

Im just stuck there. I dont know why. In the process of updating, is there a particular connexion to a remote server, something that my firewall could block? Im running Bitninja on it.

That being said, I host plenty of others scripts like osticket, wordpress, joomla, etc, and no issues so far.

Thank you very much for the time you took reading this, and if you can help me, that would be nice.
wiz

Re: Cannot login

Post by wiz »

Hello @pifane and welcome. Hope you're doing good as well.

This problem might be related to the following issue:
- when you log into WonderCMS for the first time, a "cache.json" file should be generated.
- can you verify this file is created in the WonderCMS data folder?

Currently, the WonderCMS update mechanism tries to go to https://github.com/robiso/wondercms-cdn-files and checks the "themes-list.json" and "plugins-list.json" files to fetch all themes and plugins and checks for new versions.
Then the file "cache.json" is generated in your data folder.

This process seems to be timing out for you, which has been reported before.

Open questions:
1. What happens if you refresh the page after the internal timeout message occurs?
2. Is the cache.json file generated in your data folder?
3. Does your server return any error logs?

We are currently in progress of drastically improving the caching and checking for updates, which could solve your problem, but I'm not yet sure if this is causing the issues you're having yet).

You can check the progress of this improvement here: https://github.com/robiso/wondercms/issues/221
But it would be useful if you could answer the questions above so we can try and figure it out.

Glad you came and reported your issue and please feel welcome.
pifane

Post by pifane »

Forget to said : Folder are set 755 and files 644.

I have the file error_log in the public_html that have been generated saying the following :

[18-Jan-2022 14:57:21 America/Toronto] PHP Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/user/public_html/index.php on line 1331

Those are the ligne 1325 to 1332 of index.php

private function checkBranch(string $repo, string $branch): bool
{
$repoFilesUrl = sprintf('%s/archive/%s.zip', $repo, $branch);
$headers = @get_headers($repoFilesUrl);
return empty(array_filter($headers, static function ($header) {
return (strpos($header, '404 Not Found'));
}));
}
pifane

Post by pifane »

wiz wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:11 pm Hello @pifane and welcome. Hope you're doing good as well.

This problem might be related to the following issue:
- when you log into WonderCMS for the first time, a "cache.json" file should be generated.
- can you verify this file is created in the WonderCMS data folder?

Yes, it's there.
It weight only 2 bytes.

Currently, the WonderCMS update mechanism tries to go to https://github.com/robiso/wondercms-cdn-files and checks the "themes-list.json" and "plugins-list.json" files to fetch all themes and plugins and checks for new versions.
Then the file "cache.json" is generated in your data folder.

This process seems to be timing out for you, which has been reported before.

Open questions:
1. What happens if you refresh the page after the internal timeout message occurs? The page simply load forever.
3. Does your server return any error logs? Yes, I posted it in the next post.

We are currently in progress of drastically improving the caching and checking for updates, which could solve your problem (I'm not yet sure if this is causing you issues yet).

You can check the progress of this improvement here: https://github.com/robiso/wondercms/issues/221
But it would be useful if you could answer the questions above so we can try and figure it out.

Glad you came and reported your issue and please feel welcome.
wiz

Post by wiz »

Can you check if you have cURL enabled on your server?
It does seem that fetching from repoFilesURL isn't working as expected.

Please check the questions in previous post as well, you can ignore the third once since you already answered it yourself.
wiz

Post by wiz »

Open questions:
1. What happens if you refresh the page after the internal timeout message occurs?
2. Can you share the cache.json file?
3. What happens if you delete just the cache.json file and try to log in again?
4. Please check if you have cURL enabled.
pifane

Post by pifane »

wiz wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:19 pm Open questions:
2. Can you share the cache.json file?
3. What happens if you delete just the cache.json file and try to log in again?
4. Please check if you have cURL enabled.
1 : Nothing. I hit ctrl+F5 and then it gonna consume all the php timeout value.
2 : Yes. But I did your question 3 just before.When I flush it, I have the landing page functionnal again.
4 : Im not 100% sure of what I have to do to confirm that.
pifane

Post by pifane »

Ok, I used this script : https://www.mattsbits.co.uk/item-164.html

And it return « cURL is installed on this server » .
pifane

Post by pifane »

I found the culprit. I disabled the cpanel firewall and bitninja and it worked.

There's something bitninja doesnt like. I will submit the issue to them see.
pifane

Post by pifane »

Thank you very much for your help.