[SOLVED] Can't upload images

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
allenk

[SOLVED] Can't upload images

Post by allenk »

Hello, I have read as many posts as possible about uploading images. Most of the content refers to older versions before the feature was added. Searching for "images" on the forum will not bring anything up, but Google took care of that. I installed the latest version with PHP 8.0. I upload an image using Summer Note and it shows a broken image. I checked the files directory and nothing is there. Nothing actually got uploaded.

So I tried a second option. When I upload using the Files tab in the admin panel, it tells me that a jpg is not allowed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
nox

Re: Can't upload images

Post by nox »

Hi allenk,
is WonderCMS installed on a local(xampp) or webserver?
I tried changing PHP from 7.x.x to 8.x.x and at first images were broken but after hard refresh CTRL+F5 (or CTRL+SHIFT+R) they showed up again.
This is a list of WonderCMS allowed file types: https://github.com/robiso/wondercms/wik ... or-uploads so it is really odd that jpg is not allowed.
allenk

Post by allenk »

Hi nox. Thanks. I'm running it on Linux and not local. I changed the permission on the directory thinking that might help, but still no go.
OneManLaptop

Post by OneManLaptop »

allenk wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:38 pm Hi nox. Thanks. I'm running it on Linux and not local. I changed the permission on the directory thinking that might help, but still no go.
Well there goes my theory!

Can you upload images in the demo:
https://www.wondercms.com/demo/

I'm just wondering if there's some browser extension or privacy setting which is interfering with the process at the browser level.
nox

Post by nox »

One thing to try out, upload image manually under WonderCMS installation/data/files and check if it is showing under Settings>Files tab when you are logged in.