[Could not reproduce] My little test website with a huge problem.

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
eagleman

[Could not reproduce] My little test website with a huge problem.

Post by eagleman »

Hello, I own a free domain where I test various cms (especially when are translated by me).
I have already tested two cms and they works good, but not WonderCMS.
I have already uploaded the folder, but when I put the temporary password to login into the admin panel, the cms chrashes with this error:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Wcms::moduleCacheMapper() must be an object, null given, called in /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php on line 1278 and defined in /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php:1291 Stack trace: #0 /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php(1278): Wcms->moduleCacheMapper(NULL) #1 /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php(1350): Wcms->updateModulesCache() #2 /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php(1244): Wcms->cacheModulesData() #3 /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php(1194): Wcms->updateAndCacheModules() #4 /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php(1785): Wcms->checkModulesCache() #5 /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php(157): Wcms->notifyAction() #6 /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php(15): Wcms->init() #7 {main} thrown in /membri/freewaresnews/wondercms/index.php on line 1291
How can I fix it?
I haven't posted this topic into the showcase thread on purpose because I want to resolve this huge problem first.
OneManLaptop

Re: My little test website with a huge problem.

Post by OneManLaptop »

Hey eastman, sorry to read you're having trouble getting WCMS started. Have you checked that your server satisfies the basic requirements of WCMS?

You can read them here:

https://www.wondercms.com/requirements

If you're unsure how to check this, simply create an info.php file. Copy and paste the below into a new file, add this to it:

Code: Select all

<?php

phpinfo();

?>
Save it as info.php and upload it to your server. Then navigate to the file in your browser and it should show you all your server details.

Sorry if all this is common knowledge to you, it's just always easier to get the basics out of the way before digging much deeper. :)

If your server satisfies all the requirements, could you try downloading a fresh version of WCMS and creating a completely new installation on the same server. If that displays the same error, then I'm afraid we'll have to wait for Wiz to answer the call.
eagleman

Post by eagleman »

Hello again, this is the result.
http://freewaresnews.altervista.org/wondercms/info.php
Can you tell what's wrong with it?
OneManLaptop

Post by OneManLaptop »

eagleman wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:08 pm Hello again, this is the result.
http://freewaresnews.altervista.org/wondercms/info.php
Can you tell what's wrong with it?
Thanks for that.

Everything looks present and correct to me. Hmmm, I mean from what I can tell it just looks as though WCMS isn't finding the moduleCacheMapper function... and I don't understand why not.

Do you have a local server you can use? The only thing I can suggest is to try getting started using that and let us know if you get the same problem, otherwise try downloading a fresh installation of WCMS and upload it into a different folder on your server and re-test.

After that I'm afraid I'll have to send the distress flare up for Wiz, who will have a better idea of what's going on.

PS: For security reasons, it might be best to remove that info file now, as you don't want just anybody being able to see your server details. I've made a copy to show Wiz if needed.
wiz

Post by wiz »

@OneManLaptop, is there any chance you can send me the php info file (either via email or Discord).
We were unable to reproduce the issue and it might be that any of the below being too low might be the issue:

Upload_max_filesize  - 1500 M
Max_input_time  - 1000
Memory_limit    - 640M
Max_execution_time -  1800
Post_max_size - 2000 M
Also, sincere thank you for jumping and helping out :)
OneManLaptop

Post by OneManLaptop »

wiz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:59 pm @OneManLaptop, is there any chance you can send me the php info file (either via email or Discord).
We were unable to reproduce the issue and it might be that any of the below being too low might be the issue:

Upload_max_filesize  - 1500 M
Max_input_time  - 1000
Memory_limit    - 640M
Max_execution_time -  1800
Post_max_size - 2000 M
Also, sincere thank you for jumping and helping out :)
That's been sent to the info address.

Happy to help out where I can. I can't do much of the nuts and bolts stuff but I'm happy to do as much of the prep work as I can, so that when you get around to looking at it, we've ruled out a lot of the basics and you have a better idea of where the problem might be. :)
wiz

Post by wiz »

We tried reproducing this issue and couldn't do it successfully. It seems there is some setting either on php.ini or on the host itself which prevents it from fetching the wcms modules/cache file.

What we could do: handle the error to allow the user to continue using WonderCMS, without the cache's being fetched.

It's not the best news, but it's the most we could do without being able to reproduce the issue.

OneManLaptop, thank you so much for helping around this community, you're the MVP!