[SOLVED] Auto Save Issues

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
NorfolkGreg

[SOLVED] Auto Save Issues

Post by NorfolkGreg »

In this topic: viewtopic.php?p=5799&sid=e789f6c3f43cf6 ... a4aa#p5799 OneManLaptop said
I'm also changing my mind about having the save be automatic. I had a client do half an edit on their site, delete a load of things and then he was called away, but of course all his edits up to that point had been saved and were active on the live site so it was a huge mess and I had to quickly upload an old version, so I think that will need changing to force the user to explicitly save their updates. Be handy if they could store their edits in a temp file so they get the best of both worlds.
I am very familiar with the "called away from my desk" issue. I have also made the mistake of attempting to update my site on my phone while watching TV. The slightest misplaced finger on my phone hand as I pick up my mug of tea (daren't confess to my pint of beer) with the other can play havoc with what visitors would see if the site was live and not just hidden in a not generally accessible part of the web!

So, yes, I would prefer to see a "Commit" button appear once editing begins.
wiz

Re: Auto Save Issues

Post by wiz »

Opened a feature request on Github and linked it here.
https://github.com/robiso/wondercms/issues/241
wiz

Re: Auto Save Issues

Post by wiz »

This is now resolved in WonderCMS 3.2.0.
There's an option in settings -> security that enables the user to enable a confirmation popup for each save.

Have fun and marking thread as solved :)