[SOLVED] Login Page

Ask for help or provide support to other members.
NorfolkGreg

[SOLVED] Login Page

Post by NorfolkGreg »

I keep getting distracted from working on WCMS and on returning to my find I have been logged out. No problem with that!

However, WCMS attempts to return me to the login screen, but because I have changed its URL it fails to find it and presents me with the 404 screen instead. Not a major issue but it would be neater, if on a time-out logout, the program checked for a user-defined login screen and moved to that page rather than assuming the default still exists.
Last edited by NorfolkGreg on Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiz

Re: [BUG?] Login Page

Post by wiz »

I'm having trouble reproducing this and I also have a different login URL than the default one, same as you.
Is the URL you're being redirected to the default loginURL?

You can see which URL it redirects you to after you land on the 404 page.
NorfolkGreg

Post by NorfolkGreg »

Yes! The links in my pages lok like this:

Code: Select all

<footer class="mt-4 footer">
			<div class="container-fluid py-3 text-right">
				©2021 <a href="https://gregchapman.uk/wondercms/admin">AIVuk</a>			</div>
		</footer>
but the link on the admin screen after a time out shows as in the attached image.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211003-234045.png
Screenshot_20211003-234045.png (174.54 KiB) Viewed 6426 times
NorfolkGreg

Post by NorfolkGreg »

Oops! I think I misread what you were asking for. Disregard previous post and I'll post again on reaching the 404.
NorfolkGreg

Post by NorfolkGreg »

I've now followed through and accessed the 404 page itself and the address is as expected from the previous screenshot.

In fact, I have two instances of WCMS running, one installed via Softaculous (at rustonhouse.org.uk) and the other from manual installation. As you may know the Softaculous custom install procedure asks you to set both a password and login address, by-passing what you see with a manual install. I did wonder if there was an error in their routine that affected this issue. However, as you will see from the screenshots below both behave in the same way.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211004-083511_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211004-083511_Chrome.jpg (521.13 KiB) Viewed 6420 times
Screenshot_20211004-083338_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211004-083338_Chrome.jpg (525.79 KiB) Viewed 6420 times
wiz

Post by wiz »

It seems there might be a misconfiguration on Softaculous part. Just to verify, this doesn't happen on your regular installation (non Softaculous), correct?
NorfolkGreg

Post by NorfolkGreg »

Incorrect! While the "rustonhouse" implementation was via Softaculous, the "gregchapman" one was a manual install. Both suffer the problem.
wiz

Post by wiz »

Hey NorfolkGreg, I am still unable to reproduce the issue at hand.

Do you have any additional steps to reproduce? Or do you try clicking the "Logout" link after your session has expired?
This is the only way I could reproduce the issue - but it happens for a reason. The logout page doesn't exist if you're already logged out.

Refreshing the page beforehand should solve this. Can you please confirm?
NorfolkGreg

[SOLVED] Re: [BUG?] Login Page

Post by NorfolkGreg »

wiz wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:04 pmdo you try clicking the "Logout" link after your session has expired?
This is the only way I could reproduce the issue - but it happens for a reason. The logout page doesn't exist if you're already logged out.
Ah! You're right of course! It's an expired session effect. I don't just leave the computer with the admin modal open for minutes, but many hours, even overnight.

I'll return to the computer next morning and want to remind myself of where I got to, click the logout button and get the "not found" screen.
Refreshing the page beforehand should solve this. Can you please confirm?
Certainly, as an alternative to clicking the logout button, I have refreshed the page and I find myself on the home page, regardless of the page I was only when I left the computer.

I'll record this issue as "Solved!"