Watercolor theme

Proud of your WonderCMS website? Share it with the world!
StephanStanisic

Watercolor theme

Post by StephanStanisic »

Hi everyone!

I have been away from some time, I had this internship and didn't have time to work on WonderCMS. But, now the internship is over, I can finally spend some time on WonderCMS again.

I have been working on this new theme inspired by a few fonts from Angela He, and this website is the result of it.
All running as a WonderCMS theme ofc.

https://steph.tools/

Repo for installing: https://github.com/StephanStanisic/watercolor
wiz

Re: Watercolor coming soon

Post by wiz »

Hey Stephan, always glad to have you back. :)

Love it! Can't wait to publish your work on the main themes repo, your themes are always fun and awesome.
Interested, are the main contents editable areas (by the additional contents plugin) or are they tied to this specific field (number of editable areas)?

We're slowly adding new themes which look more and more amazing, thank you for providing us with awesome stuff!
StephanStanisic

The boxes on the homepage are now just html specific (a section element), but I'll take a look if I can achieve the same result with the additional contents plugin, seems like a good idea.

Have changed a lot of things (the site now also looks reasonable on mobile) and optimized a lot of things, a 100% mobile + desktop page speed index!

From an almost 9MB first page load (scored 21%!) to a mere 330KB, a lot of improvements have been made.

Things that I still want to do:
  • Fix performance issues with fixed background on mobile, need to make it not static in some way
  • Add some more icons to the theme, since they are hardcoded (moved away from the icon font)
  • Create a few color variants
wiz

Post by wiz »

That's impressive stats Steph, all 100's!

The only thing that I would personally change is the "content" boxes which look a bit out dated, but it's still awesome nonetheless. Removing the dashed borders makes it look a bit cleaner (screenshot attached).

Thanks for your awesome work!
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 19.38.52-min.png
Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 19.38.52-min.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 20569 times
StephanStanisic

Oh, you are right! I removed the dotted lines. I'll see if I can make the additional contents plugin work and when that's finished I'll package it for release!
StephanStanisic

I've created a release on github, feedback greatly appreciated!

https://github.com/StephanStanisic/watercolor
wiz

Post by wiz »

Awesome work Stephan, this has now been added to the official themes repo and is available to everyone that performs an update check.

Thank you for your awesome work!