[SOLVED] Bad code in editable area - Problems after last update

wiz

Re: Bad code in editable area - Problems after last update

Post by wiz »

Thanks for sharing! You mentioned in your post that now it seems to work without issues?
This could of been an unclosed html tag in the editable area or something similar in your theme.php beforehand.

If I misunderstood your post and you're still having issues, can you make a ZIP of your whole WonderCMS folder and send it over for a test? You don't need to do this if your problem is solved. :)

Offtopic: any feedback on WonderCMS, how are you liking it?
glenshee

Post by glenshee »

hmmm ... at first - thank you for help - and bout my feedback - quick 5

1. still have problems with [Serve the following static resources from a domain that doesn't set cookies]
2. isit there an trick to merge jquery / bottstrap JS / CSS and host them on my server - to make site quicker ?
3. would be great to have a plugin to edit head area ( https://github.com/joshbuchea/HEAD )
4. would be gr8 to have an option to setup 404 ...
5. actual year variable in footer ...
wiz

Post by wiz »

Thank you for your feedback.

An easy trick for loading jQuery, Boostrap.css and Bootstrap.js is attached below.
1. Upload css/js folder into your theme. (Make sure you don't overwrite your style.css with the default one that's in the ZIP, inside the css folder.)
2. In the theme.php I changed

Code: Select all

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap.min.css">
to

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?=wCMS::asset('css/bootstrap.min.css')?>">
and so on for the other two files.

<script src="<?=wCMS::asset('js/jquery-1.12.4.min.js')?>"></script>
<script src="<?=wCMS::asset('js/bootstrap.min.js')?>"></script>
Be careful to also not overwrite the attached theme.php (a default one for the examples is attached). You can simply copy/paste these three lines and make sure you have the css/js files from below uploaded in folders called CSS and JS.

After these changes, the files will be loaded from your server, but this will not make it faster since only you have these files cached. Other users that browse the internet usually have a hugely cached jQuery and Boostrap.css+js as they are loaded through a content delivery network. First time visitors on your website will need a second to cache your files for the first time.

About the year variable in the footer, you can create a simple trick in your theme.php (also shown in the attached ZIP below):

<?php echo date("Y"); ?>
<?=wCMS::footer()?>
This way you can always have the year practically inside the footer and use the actual footer for your additional text or links.

Let us know how it goes!
Attachments
yourtheme.zip
(63.95 KiB) Downloaded 392 times