WYSIWYG editor 0.1 [BETA - has bugs]

wiz
Admin

WYSIWYG editor 0.1 [BETA - has bugs]

Post by wiz »

Compatible with the following versions: 0.5.1 BETA +

Click here to download the WYSIWYG editor.

Unzip the file and put the "jquery-te-1.4.0" folder into your plugins folder.

Your WonderCMS installation will now have a functional WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.

There are still a couple of bugs.
If anyone wants to help squishing them out (the bugs), join in and share your code and fixes below.

Original code authors:
* jQuery TE 1.4.0 , http://jqueryte.com/
* Copyright (C) 2013, Fatih Koca (fattih@fattih.com), (http://jqueryte.com/about)
* jQuery TE is provided under the MIT LICENSE.
Attachments
jquery-te-1.4.0.zip
Unzip the file and put the "jquery-te-1.4.0" folder into your plugins folder.
(11.79 KiB) Downloaded 1186 times
Florrpan

Re: WYSIWYG editor 0.1 [BETA]

Post by Florrpan »

**MOD EDIT: Thank you very much for reporting this bug, it has been fixed in the post above.**

Hi! Awesome plugin.
I just like to notify you about a problem with the links in index.php that are misdirected, making the plugin unusable, and the site glitching.

This is what it looks like out of the box.

Code: Select all

<?php
$hook['admin-head'][] = "<script type='text/javascript' src='./plugins/jquery-te-1.4.0/jquery-te-1.4.0.min.js'></script>";
$hook['admin-head'][] = "<link rel='stylesheet' href='./plugins/jquery-te-1.4.0/jquery-te-1.4.0.css'>";
$hook['admin-richText'] = "../plugins/jquery-te-1.4.0/hook-admin-richText.php";
?>
As you can see, the links says that the plugins are in a folder called "jquery-te-1.4.0"
But the folder that we are asked to put into the plugin-folder is called "WYSIWYG-0.1-BETA"

Basically change "WYSIWYG-0.1-BETA" folder to "jquery-te-1.4.0", or rename the folder to something easy .. maybe "textEditor" and change the filepath accordingly.

Example:
unpack the files to plugins/texteditor
Change pathnames:

Code: Select all

<?php

$hook['admin-head'][] = "<script type='text/javascript' src='./plugins/texteditor/jquery-te-1.4.0.min.js'></script>";
$hook['admin-head'][] = "<link rel='stylesheet' href='./plugins/texteditor/jquery-te-1.4.0.css'>";
$hook['admin-richText'] = "../plugins/texteditor/hook-admin-richText.php";

?>

wiz
Admin

Post by wiz »

Hi Florrpan, I fixed the original post with "jquery-te-1.4.0" as the name of zip/folder. The original intention was to give the author(s) proper credit.

Thank you for reporting the bug. Great catch!
Florrpan

Post by Florrpan »

Awesome :)

ok, so I found another highly critical bug in this plugin, but I'm unable to fix it(mostly due to lack of knowledge).

If you write something in the editable area, and then click on something outside the open browser window; Everything you have just written gets deleted, and the textarea is saved as blank.
This do not happen when I disable the plugin.

Also, it seems like the plugin spew out <div></div> everywhere, especially when copying text into it.
guitarpawat

Post by guitarpawat »

I found it too... and it can't edit.
wiz
Admin

Post by wiz »

Thanks for the bug reports guys.

I hope it's clear for anyone that downloads this plugin - that the WYSIWYG editor still has bugs. Quote from the first post:
There are still a couple of bugs.
If anyone wants to help squishing them out (the bugs), join in and share your code and fixes below.
tojfarm

Post by tojfarm »

***UPDATE*** This bug is NOT related to the editor plug-in, as I uninstalled the plug-in and had it happen again. If I can isolate anything later I will post the results in a more apprpriate place.

--original post follows--

I'm not a developer so unfortunately cannot propose a fix for this apparent bug. I didn't attempt to replicate the bug.

I made a page. The next day I decided to split the content of the page into two pages. So I made the new page, cut content from the old page, and copied it onto the new page. I did a bunch of formatting on the new page and saved the changes. Then I went back to doctor up the original page and was surprised to see it had the contents of the new page and not the original content I had left there.

When I examined the contents of the new page with a text editor there was a <ajqte-setlink=""> tag at the beginning which I deleted.

WYSIWYG is not critical for my needs. I love the WonderCMS concept though.
wiz
Admin

Post by wiz »

Tojfarm, I just think you might of made a bug/mistake when splitting the content. A documentation is in the making and you can find exactly how to make new editable areas on the following link: http://wondercms.com/documentation

But as I mentioned, keep it mind that the WYSIWYG editor is still buggy (thus still being in BETA).

Thank you very much for your feedback.
turboblack
Support/Developer

Re: WYSIWYG editor 0.1 [BETA - has bugs]

Post by turboblack »

I found an error in the editor, which are not allowed to edit the insert images, videos and other things in the text as it is necessary to make it impossible to format the text in the right way.

Offer an option other minimalistic text editor - more functional, which does a better job

http://nicedit.com/demos.php :roll:
http://t0rba.tk/ my Russian-language research WonderCMS engine 8-) & also http://woua.pp.ua/ in Ukrainian
chris

Re: WYSIWYG editor 0.1 [BETA - has bugs]

Post by chris »

nicedit looks good, but how to implement it in wonderCms?
Im new here, the "cms" looks great, im reading through the forum now, dont find any documentation:-)