How to create and share a plugin

camilajames

Re: How to create and share a plugin

Post by camilajames »

Thanks for sharing information about Creating and Sharing Plugins, Can you please guide me about WooCommerce Plugins if you know about it? I wanted to add different WooCommerce Plugins on my website and I came across with. Can you please guide how much time does it takes to Develop a Plugin? And what if I work on Plugin Development, is it worth it? Can I Sell Single Plugin to multiple people as a product?
wiz

Post by wiz »

Hi Camila, welcome to the community.

WooCommerce plugins are completely detached and incompatible with WonderCMS.
Do you happen to know any PHP or any other programming language?

To answer the question if it's worth it:
- if you want to contribute to the open source community, the answer is yes
- if you want to earn money, possibly yes and no, depending on how useful and awesome your plugin is and if people want to buy it

Hope this helps.
camilajames

Post by camilajames »

Hi Wiz, Thank you very much for the warm welcome.

I have mostly worked on WordPress Development and I was talking about the WooCommerce Plugin that is used in WordPress.

I know about PHP and other languages but I'm not that much expert. I'm trying my Best to get expertise on the Languages that are mostly used.

I have seen that most of the people are working on WordPress that's why I started learning WordPress Development because it powers more than 30% of the Entire Web. I recently saw a Blog that says "Boost Conversion Rate with WooCommerce Quick Order Plugin" here is the link to the Blog: That's why I was thinking to Learn how Plugins are Developed and How we can sell them online.

I love working on different CMS that's why I came across with WonderCMS.

Can you please tell me "What is the difference with WonderCMS and WordPressCMS?"

One more thing, I know that WordPress Developers need different Plugins to add additional features in their Website, Does WonderCMS also need different Plugins too? If Yes then it is worth working on WonderCMS Plugin Development or Should I continue researching on How WordPress or WooCommerce Plugins are developed and where you can sell them?
StephanStanisic

Post by StephanStanisic »

Hi Camila,

I think you are confusing two different project here. WonderCMS has nothing to do with Wordpress. Wordpress is a large all-in-one CMS for websites, blogs and webshops. WonderCMS small and simple CMS that currently only allows basic websites (and a really simple blog).
Wordpress plugins are not compatible with WonderCMS, and vice versa. The methods and apis are different.

Since WonderCMS is serving quite a niche market there are not that many plugins available. There is quite a large need for a lot of plugins, and looking around these forums you can find a lot of items that the community is asking for:
  • Payment methods for this store
I do doubt how eager people are to pay for a plugin/theme, but if it is a quality plugin/theme I think you might be able to pull it off.

I am excited to see what you can bring in to the community, welcome!
mjxl

Post by mjxl »

camilajames wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:27 am Can you please tell me "What is the difference with WonderCMS and WordPressCMS?"
To me WonderCMS is more a really open and transparent modular playground for your website needs.
With WordPress you are stuck with, well.. WordPress..

WonderCMS gives you the ability to use whatever themeing options, any form of plugin that anyone comes up with (I've done 2 small ones too for example \o/ )

Hell, you can even just write plain HTML into the pages and call it a day..
wiz

Post by wiz »

Sounds like a sweet spot, thanks for your feedback mjxl :)
mjxl

Post by mjxl »

wiz wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:22 am Sounds like a sweet spot, thanks for your feedback mjxl :)
np!

Here's a neat example.
in one of the content area's I wrote:

Code: Select all

<md>
  # Hello!
  ---
  Welcome to my page!
</md>
then in the footer I wrote:

<script src="https://unpkg.com/marked"></script>
<script>
  const md = document.querySelector('md');
  md.innerHTML = marked(md);
</script>
which transforms into:

<h1>Hello</h1>
<hr />
<p>Welcome to my page!</p>
Also by simply changing the script to something like below, will ensure that content won't be converted on the adminpanel :P

try {
  adminPanel
} catch {
  const md = ... etc
}
It's all a bit cheaty imo, but it works like a charm :lol: