[SOLVED] Undefined index problem

markopanic

[SOLVED] Undefined index problem

Post by markopanic »

When I open WonderCMS under my local server I get several "Undefined index" messages... But, login and editing of contents works fine!
Can antbody help me to solve this?

I realy like this cms :)

P.S. I tried older version, but problem persists...
xss

Re: Undefined index problem

Post by xss »

Hello markopanic, and welcome to the forum. :)

From the top of my head, I can think of two possible solutions to this, though, not both will necessarily work, depending on the server's settings.

1st (and preferred) possible solution
Add the following line to your '.htaccess' file in WonderCMS' root directory (or, should a line alike already exist, change the value accordingly):

Code: Select all

php_value display_errors 0
2nd possible solution
Open WonderCMS' file 'index.php' and add the following line at the beginning after the first line with '<?php':

error_reporting(0);
So, the first few lines of that file will look like this:

<?php

error_reporting(0);

function getSlug( $page ) {
I hope this helps.

Could you please also send me all your 'Undefined index' messages via a forum PM? We should better work on that for a future version. :) Thank you.

Kind regards,
xss
¿ן ʇ,uop 'spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ןןɐ ʇı ʇoƃ ן 'ɹɐǝp ɥo
DeNelo

Post by DeNelo »

Hi,
I had this problem too. Here are the messages:
Notice: Undefined index: theme in I:\xampp\htdocs\wondercms\index.php on line 39
Notice: Undefined index: wondercms in I:\xampp\htdocs\wondercms\index.php on line 56
Notice: Undefined index: wondercms in I:\xampp\htdocs\wondercms\index.php on line 72
Notice: Undefined index: wondercms in I:\xampp\htdocs\wondercms\index.php on line 81

Thank you for looking into this - simply hiding errors is rarely the right solution to a problem... :)
wiz

Post by wiz »

DeNelo wrote:Hi,
I had this problem too. Here are the messages:
Notice: Undefined index: theme in I:\xampp\htdocs\wondercms\index.php on line 39
Notice: Undefined index: wondercms in I:\xampp\htdocs\wondercms\index.php on line 56
Notice: Undefined index: wondercms in I:\xampp\htdocs\wondercms\index.php on line 72
Notice: Undefined index: wondercms in I:\xampp\htdocs\wondercms\index.php on line 81

Thank you for looking into this - simply hiding errors is rarely the right solution to a problem... :)
Hello DeNelo!

I understand hiding errors isn't the right solution, but please do understand this problem only appears on XAMPP, which is usually hosted locally on your computer for testing - if you ever get it on production it should work perfectly fine.

However, if you do want to run XAMPP on your computer as a production server, I'll be more than glad to look into it.

Thank you for your input, have a great happy new year!