[SOLVED] Foreign language support

yest

[SOLVED] Foreign language support

Post by yest »

Hi and thanks for wonderful system
I try to use the Hebrew language system that is foreign letters reading right to left.
I noticed that in the file "index" +in the file "editText" file the following line: [a-z0-9A-Z-_]
when i write in Hebrew i can not edit the new page content ... Do I need to add there Hebrew letters too? What should I do?

Thanks in advance
wiz

Re: Foreign language support

Post by wiz »

Hey yest, you're welcome.

I've been trying to figure this out, it seems to work only on some servers. If any of the users could give me their phpinfo(), so I could compare the settings to see whats the problem.

Hope to have a fix for this soon.
xss

Post by xss »

This is so weird. On both my servers right-to-left writing systems work fine (but I have similar issues with latin characters with diacritics). I just tried with Arabic and Hebrew.

In my tests, only the very last punctuation mark on the page is being displayed before the line (right hand) instead at the end of the line (left hand). As soon as there is even a single other letter later on the page (a space or line break is not enough), the punctuation is being displayed correctly – until there's another one. :)

Though, all this won't help yest, I guess.

yest, maybe you could also provide rob with a phpinfo of your server? Might help him find troublesome differences.
¿ן ʇ,uop 'spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ןןɐ ʇı ʇoƃ ן 'ɹɐǝp ɥo
wiz

Post by wiz »

xss wrote:This is so weird. On both my servers right-to-left writing systems work fine (but I have similar issues with latin characters with diacritics). I just tried with Arabic and Hebrew.

In my tests, only the very last punctuation mark on the page is being displayed before the line (right hand) instead at the end of the line (left hand). As soon as there is even a single other letter later on the page (a space or line break is not enough), the punctuation is being displayed correctly – until there's another one. :)

Though, all this won't help yest, I guess.

yest, maybe you could also provide rob with a phpinfo of your server? Might help him find troublesome differences.
Xss, share a link so I can see exactly what its doing.

And I completely agree with xss, shoot up your phpinfo, it will definitely help me solve this faster. :)
xss

Post by xss »

Rob, I just sent you an email with the requested link. I hope that helps clearing up the issue I mentioned above.
¿ן ʇ,uop 'spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ןןɐ ʇı ʇoƃ ן 'ɹɐǝp ɥo
wiz

Post by wiz »

xss wrote:Rob, I just sent you an email with the requested link. I hope that helps clearing up the issue I mentioned above.
I received your email and saw what you were talking about.

I find it exciting that both Arabic and Hebrew work on your server, as inserting and of those fail on my server. I still haven't been able to figure out why some characters work and some don't.

I found a solution to the German language and some other special characters, I will post it in a new thread that will be "Stickied". (Though this doesn't solve Chinese characters on my server).

Will keep looking for a solution.